Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scam Poster Quote Request from Rev. Mark Johnson

Today I received a scam email quote request from 'Rev. Mark Johnson'
from 'rev.mark223@rocketmail.com' and thought I would share. The email
reads:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Rev. Mark Johnson" rev.mark223@rocketmail.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:56:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Quote Request
To: info@*******printing.com

Dear Owner / Sales Manager,

Greetings to you and your whole company. I am Rev. Mark Johnson and I
will like to know if your company can do a printing of Fliers for me. I
would like the Fliers in the following details:


FLYERS – FULL COLOR
Stock: 80# Text Gloss
Ink: Full Color on Front
Size: 8.5
x 11 – 1
Sided
Bindery: Leave Flat
Artwork: Supplied in PDF High Quality Print
Quantity: 90,000

I will be looking forward hoping to hear back from you with the estimate
quote for the 90,000 copies of the Fliers. What type of credit card
payments do you accept? Kindly advise and get back at me with the
estimate quote, excluding delivery...


May God Bless You

Sincerely Yours,
Rev. Mark Johnson

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

7 comments:

Scotty said...

Please share any such information about scams at
www.allscamsforum.com
For everyone to benefit from.

Michael said...

Thanks for the info and advice! I will check into that.

-Michael

Anonymous said...

fuck u u loser

Michael said...

Xtreme,

Thanks for reading! Hope you continue to enjoy the blog. Are you upset that I am saving people from being ripped off? I would say the only people losing are the scammers.

Michael

Elevate said...

xtreme8332 (http://openid.aol.com/xtreme8332) xtreme8332@aol.com or xtreme8332@aim.com ? Which is your email ?

Unknown said...

Michael...so what was the scam? I received a similar email and was about to send a quote over.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

MW

Michael said...

MW,

Basically the scam is they get you to charge a stolen credit card, wire transfer money to them (the scammers) in Africa for shipping costs or something like that. As soon as the person whose credit card was stolen notices the charges, they reverse them, and you lose the money. They you have lost any printing you have done for them, any money you have transferred to them, and a bunch of your time.

I wrote a more indepth article about it at ...

http://digitalprinter.blogspot.com/2008/03/feed-children-banner-printing-scam-part_8585.html

Does that make sense?

--Michael